Alert cop saves boy from getting electrocuted

VIJAYAWADA: Quick thinking by a police constable saved the life of a 6-year-old boy who got electric shock from a wire hanging from a transformer in Kanchikacherla town in on Monday.
The boy has been identified as Pathan Afsal Jani (6).

The boy suffered injuries on his leg and hand and even lost two of his toes.

The incident happened in the afternoon, when boy‘s mother Naseema took him to a local ration shop at Hanumanpeta to collect Ramzan tohfa items. Due to a technical issue with the biometric system, Naseema’s errand took a little extra time than usual.

Meanwhile, the boy went outside the shop to play and came in with a live wire hanging close to the ground and suffered a high-voltage shock.

While onlookers stood helpless at the moment, Sai Babu, a police constable from Kanchikacherla station, immediately took a dry wood and pushed the boy away from the live wire.

The boy suffered injuries on his leg and hand and even lost his toes.

Sai Babu carried the boy and informed 108 ambulance service who took him to Government General Hospital (GGH) for treatment.

Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.